Wednesday 4 January 2012

WHAT'S IN MY BAG?



Since my classes are resuming tomorrow, I thought I would take pictures of all the things that will be coming with me to school tomorrow. With the exception of this semester's books, which I have yet to buy, and a reusable water bottle that's in my kitchen, here's the list of things I keep in my school bag.


Since first year, I had a working Dell. It held up pretty well for three and a half years and ran all the programs I needed. However, the battery conked out early last year and the only time I could use it was if it was plugged in, which is highly impractical if I were using it in class. By November, I needed a computer that could travel easily and could run programs faster. I was debating between the MBP and the Dell XPS 14z, but in the end I chose Mac because of all the hype about its OS. So far, I've been impressed but I'm nowhere near the state of Steve Jobs idolatry.


I got my iPhone December of 2010 and I can safely say it's the most practical and worthwhile purchase in the history of my consumerism. It's my watch when I don't have one, my alarm clock, my internet when I just want to stay in bed, my primary news source, and my phone. Also, FaceTime is the most amazing thing for long distance relationships.


You've seen this on the blog before. This is the Amazon Kindle 3 with wi-fi, and I use it to read books on the bus or just right before I go to bed. I've also used it to store PDF files of readings, which I prefer over reading on a computer screen or printing off on paper. It's less strain on the eyes and better for the environment. 

Food! I need to constantly have food in my system or else I get really light-headed and pale; not to mention, my stomach growls (and it increases every time I get more anxious about it). 

The matches are not for "reading a magazine" as the cast of How I Met Your Mother would describe it. I got it from a smoke shop in Toronto and figured I'd keep it in my bag in case of a Zombie Apocalypse. As for the bag of girly secrets, it's made up of monthly necessities and makeup. 

Angry Little Girls wallet that Dan bought for me in Banff. He said the girl reminded him of me, so clearly there's some sentimental value there. 


Where do I keep all this stuff? In this overly-edited (colours are way off) Fjallraven Kanken backpack in the Frost Green colour and classic size. It's a perfect size for my small frame but it's just large enough to fit a 13" MBP in the inside sleeve. It comes with two side pockets/sleeves which are just narrow enough to fit an iPhone, keys, bus pass and ID for easy access. Oh, and I've also got a Brip, the Ugly Doll, keychain because I love it. Don't you?

1 comment: