Wednesday 26 October 2011

Plato of Fashion

The return of the only shoes I wear, at least according to my blog.
Sorry about not posting regularly and not having an outfit post in over two weeks. I told you in my first post that I was going to be a really awful blogger - no shame there. To be honest, I've just been really busy with 18 credits of university courses, midterms and papers, and topped off with an average of 20 hours of work a week. I know there are tons of people out there who have less time, but blogging is not my full-time job (yet); I haven't been able to steal Rumi Neely's life, ok?

As soon as I finished my African Politics midterm, I felt like throwing my fist in the air and walking with the kind of swag you'd find in a John Hughes film. It almost makes me wish I had worn plaid and a leather arm band today. I rocked that midterm so hard, so I told myself I'd find the time to make an outfit post as soon as I'd get home. 

So here goes outfit post:

Topshop sweater, Levi's jeans, Aldo Qualheim boots
The clothes I've been gravitating towards have been comfortable fall pieces: oversized sweaters, ankle boots, and lots of slim-fitting bottoms. Most days, I would throw on a massive knit scarf or load up on layers, but today I thought to keep things simple. If any outfit can sum up my philosophy on Fashion (I'm like the Plato of fashion over here), it would be this one. My philosophy on fashion is not to take it seriously; there's no need to take too much of an effort getting dressed and lastly, wear what's comfortable. Comfort is my numero uno necessity; that's why I've given up on strapless shit because flat-chested girls like me will never be comfortable in a tube top (if you have any tricks that don't involve duct tape, let me know through the comments). There are far more important things out there for me to spend a ton of time ruminating on what goes with what and what this blogger says about this trend. I prefer to enjoy fashion and not really think about it - kind of like a cheeseburger. 

Comfort for me is throwing on a loose sweater, pulling on a pair of trusty dark denim, and wearing comfortable shoes. Normally, I would go for flat shoes but these ones are quite easy to walk in and they make me taller so it all balances out in the end. Wood heels are really frakking noisy though.

Love, self-declared Plato of Fashion. But now that I think about it, I might be more of a Descartes. 

 
I hope my face didn't scare you there.

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! Great job pairing the boots. That sweater was adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete