Tuesday 27 September 2011

Here Comes the Sun

Hello, blog, it's been a while but I  haven't abandoned you yet. School has been extremely generous with this semester's workload so I've been focusing a little more of my time on that rather than working on my social networking skills. I wish I could take a picture of what I'm wearing every day but unfortunately, that isn't feasible when I'm always scrambling to catch public transit. I need better time management skills in the morning, but then again, who doesn't?

Halifax has got weird weather so it's no surprise that we have a week of cold, gloomy rain and then three days of 30-degree sunshine. We are a 'weather city' which is, basically, a city plagued with such diverse weather patterns that it has inevitably defined Halifax' version of 'small talk'. Anyway, I thought I'd share today's outfit with my 956 billion readers (times zero). The sun gave me a chance to wear one of my favourite purchases this summer which were these red, high-waisted shorts from Forever 21.

H&M black knit cardigan, The Beatles shirt from Urban Outfitters, Forever 21 red high-waisted shorts, Nine West sandals, Joe Fresh leather woven belt, accessories from H&M and Forever 21, Michael Kors watch
Ignore the stupid pose. I was trying to be cute by pointing out the kawaii-ness of my Japanese/Korean-inspired bun. Fact: if I leave my hair like this for too long, I get headaches.

I got this shirt from the Men's side of UO's sale section.
These shorts make my torso look about 2 inches tall but I still love them.
True story: my favourite Beatle was Ringo Starr before Summer from (500) Days of Summer said she loved Ringo because nobody loved him. I'm not entirely sure what the response was from self-proclaimed manic pixie dream girls all over the world, but I'm sure a proportion of them began posting his pictures all over tumblr, exclaiming that he was always their favourite, thus making them pretty much identical to Zooey Deschanel (Katy Perry's twin sister). Uh, no. Ringo has been my favourite Beatle since I first watched A Hard Day's Night and witnessed several accounts of name-calling and bullying from his fellow bandmates. Ever since I was little, I've felt for the underdog (why do you think Mighty Ducks 1&2 are two of my top ten most seen movies ever?) so naturally I felt for Ringo. I'm not saying I'm the only person who's allowed to have this opinion, or the only person who's ever thought of it before. I just think some overrated character in a fictional, hipster movie should not be given credit for all this Ringo pity-love. /rant.

This is the part where my friends laugh at me and call me a hipster.

Nine West sandals
...And this is the part where I show you my feet. I don't know. You can't be a hipster if you're not in denial.

2 comments: