Wednesday 14 September 2011

NYFW: Part III

Hello. I'm back for part three of my not-a-trilogy NYFW thoughts and review. Today is formal day so the designers I'm featuring today came out with collections that showcased quite a number of red-carpet worthy dresses and gowns. If they all had special moves, it would be long and flowy dresses whipped across your face, which would result in the iconic Mortal Kombat voice proclaiming: FATALITY.

Moving onward.

I thought I'd quit talking about my reaction to certain collections for the remainder of fashion week, because it would simply take too much time. And frankly, I'm really lazy. By the time I'd be over all the designers, it would probably be Spring/Summer 2020. So apart from a few exceptions (like, Christian Siriano but mostly because I wasn't too happy reading his Style review), I thought I'd just post the collages and let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy.

Christian Siriano S/S12
Christian Siriano is my favourite Project Runway alum for a reason. It's not because he turned out to be the most successful of all the designers, but mostly because he's so little and so fierce (Christian Siriano GMH). It also helps that I have a pair of black and gold peep-toe pumps from his very own Payless line. The critic over at Style wasn't a fan of his last few dramatic looks; and while they weren't my favourite either, I could appreciate the design and craftsmanship put into those garments and that in itself should be enough to take him seriously as a designer. Are you listening, Meenal Mistry of Style.com? Anyway, I absolutely loved the t-shirt plus full, textured skirt he presented last fall and I'm loving his spring/summer interpretations this season. The bright green pleated skirt is normally not a colour I would go for but it is stunning against the pale pink tee. The orange dress with the striped bandeau top - can I just say that I would wear that to a June prom... glasses and everything.

Monique Lhuillier S/S12
Zac Posen S/S12
Carolina Herrera S/S12


2 comments:

  1. nice post!

    I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm taking part in the bloggers wardrobe competition - please please please vote for me by liking:

    1. http://www.facebook.com/bloggerswardrobe

    2. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210022279058096&set=a.210019082391749.53433.199739743419683&type=1&theater

    every like counts! please help me win this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Allegra! I'd love to help you out but the link you posted isn't working for me. It just redirects to my facebook homepage. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete