Wednesday 21 September 2011

Isabel Marant Dicker Boots and Possible Alternatives

So, for a while now I have been enamored by the well-regarded Isabel Marant Dicker boots, particularly the one in taupe. Sadly, they are way above a university student's budget, especially a university student who's not bright enough to get some rich dude (or daddy) to pay for her tuition, so I scoured the internet looking for a more affordable alternative. The entire summer, I researched and came across a few that are currently featured in the Piperlime website. Some of these replica inspired booties include Report Marks Boot, Steve Madden Pembrook Boot, and the Dolce Vita Jamison Boot. All three boots are between $109-129 which is a steal compared to the $615 Isabel Marant boots. Of course, you're paying for quality (sage suede and Cuban heel, probably chopped off a Cuban tree by Castro himself) and brand name. But at those price points, the Piperlime boots aren't so bad because the material is still suede and the heels are still made of wood so I definitely think these are great options for more practical and cash-strapped girls like me.

Isabel Marant Dicker Boots (source: net-a-porter.com)
Yay! I found great alternatives to the ideal fall shoe. But, there was a problem. I had finally settled on either the Report or Steve Madden boot because I preferred their more narrow and feminine construction. The problem was they were out of my size and half-sizes up and down. The earliest they could ship either one was October 24th which is over a month from now. I can't wait because I am so terribly impatient and because Nova Scotia's seasons can change at any given moment. Basically, I have now until the end of October to frolic in the midst of warm-coloured foliage; thus it would be totally pointless to get my fall boots at the end of fall. You see what I'm getting at? So, I needed to find a new alternative.

I decided to check out Aldo. I figured Aldo offered free shipping, which is sort of a rarity in Canada, and they often release collections of trendy shoes so they must have something similar. I did find something similar in terms of shape, but not exactly in terms of color. This wasn't really a problem because the reason I liked the Dicker boots in the first place was because of the shape and overall construction of the boot. I love the dip at the front, which is super flattering on skinny ankles - at least from what I've seen. It has that cowboy boot effect without going all out yee-haw, if you know what I mean.

Aldo Qualheim Boots (source: aldoshoes.com)

Anyway, back to the Aldo boots, I found the Aldo Qualheim which comes in either cognac or black. Unfortunately for fans of the black Dicker boots, Aldo was being stupid and decided to paint the wood heel black instead of leaving it be. Had they left the woodstacked heel untouched, it would have been nearly identical. However, the Cognac ones look awesome and the stitching looks very similar to the ones offered on Piperlime. It's also the cheapest at $100, and even cheaper when I used a 15% off coupon. Sure, the colour isn't exactly the same but I love how it looks on the screen and who knows, maybe there's an off chance it looks lighter in real life. We'll see when I get it and then I'll post pictures for comparison. I already have a number of possible outfits incorporating these new babies, and because of that I couldn't be more excited to welcome the fall season.

What's your go-to shoe this season?

2 comments:

  1. I had checked your link. This is very interesting. Please keep sharing more and more information......................................................................................................................................................................................................

    Isabel Marant on Sale

    ReplyDelete