Tuesday 1 November 2011

Your-Grandmother's-Couch-Leggings as Pants

Structure wool sweater from mom's closet, printed leggings from Aldo Accessories, Ecote Leather Chelsea Boots from Urban Outfitters, bracelets from H&M and Forever 21, Michael Kors watch
Just a quick outfit post to say hello and show you that I have other shoes besides my Aldo suede boots. I've been rushing through the process of getting ready the because of the three-week stretch of midterms, papers, and seminar presentations for school. I am a procrastinator by nature so it's not a strange sight to see me working on my review notes 10 minutes before my bus leaves, and going through those review notes as I'm on the bus. Strangely enough, I don't like cramming in information as I'm sitting in class waiting for the professor to hand out the test. Besides trying to keep calm, I have this fear that those last bits of information will wipe out everything else I studied the night before. Is that weird? One thing I can't give up in the morning though is breakfast. I can forego makeup and outfit planning; but I can never skip on food.

Today was no different in terms of getting ready. I pulled out this old, pilling pair of leggings from Aldo, grabbed a shapeless black sweater from my mom's closet, and finished it off with my pair of go-to Chelsea boots. Quick story about these boots - I saw them on the UO website a few months ago and wanted to purchase them but $20 shipping was really discouraging. UO has a number of shops throughout Canada but nowhere near where I live, so I think it's fair to say that $20 for shipping is absolutely ridiculous. Knowing that I was going to the States in August, I waited it out and went through two stores in Boston until I found this particular pair. The wait was worth it because they were marked $20 off!

Ecote Leather Chelsea Boots from Urban Outfitters
They're just the perfect go-to pair of shoes for fall. They go with absolutely everything, they are super comfortable, and so easy to pull on. I know this is the first time I'm showing them on my blog but I literally wear these three times a week because they never fail to add a little androgyny to any outfit.

Happy Halloween?
I think my next post will be on hair and how to cut your own bangs. I've been putting my hair up in these topknots lately because my bangs are now so long that if I leave it down, I look like a bruha. What do you, guys, think? Should I venture into hair tutorials?

Ilyana

No comments:

Post a Comment