Sunday 2 October 2011

The Confused Look


See the little bits of ombre in my hair?

What I wore on Thursday to school and to my friend, Sam's, birthday dinner. We had the usual Thursday-night tradition of having wings at Your Father's Moustache; then we headed down to Seahorse Tavern to watch and dance to The Mellotones. It was a really gloomy day (bad day to wear suede, but I was so stoked on wearing them), but nothing good company can't fix.

And just for the sake of recording really sappy moments in my life, I just want to share something with my lovely readers (cue crickets). We were walking to the car when I realized I had to cross about six feet of wet grass to get to the passenger side. Normally, I wouldn't care about getting my shoes wet and muddy because leather and canvas are pretty low-maintenance. But these were new, suede shoes! Forgive me, just this once, for being a prissy princess. I guess Dan noticed my hesitation, which was really me trying to figure out some ninja-like way to get across without slamming my face into the car door. He was about to pick me up bridal style and carry me across, which would have been such a swoon-worthy moment in a Ryan Gosling movie, but a really embarrassing one in real life. Instead, I jumped on his back (I'm gonna be your backpack!) and he carried me to the car. It pays to have a boy best friend (BBF - ha) who's super practical when it comes to fashion that he chooses to wear military boots 300 days of the year just because he thinks it's practical to have shoes rugged enough to kick someone's face in. We couldn't be any more different, but that's why we get along so well.

My first official picture with braces.
Forever 21 shirt, Polo by Ralph Lauren sweater, DIY Levi's cut-offs, Aldo Qualheim boots, H&M bracelet, Michael Kors watch

These Aldo Qualheim boots must have been inspired by the much-coveted Isabel Marant Dicker boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment